Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 5, 2011

graphic card driver problem on CentOS

I solved the graphic card driver problem today. There are some hints that let me know my graphic card is not working properly.

1)I ran 'bench' in Matlab, the result shows the 2D and 3D function is extremely poor (poor than my laptop) while other test figure are very good.
2)When I use firefox, I can not use WebGL as before. My firefox is the latest beta version, it should work.
3)When I ran OpenGL program, it reports error: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
4)I found my screen is not as shape as it supposed to be. 

I googled the GLX problem and found it is related to the graphic card. Here is the article http://wiki.centos.org/HardwareList/Nvidia_Graphics. Followed the instruction, I have my graphic card driver installed. After the installation the screen became nice and shape. It also works properly on WebGL and OpenGL things. And I run the matlab bench again, it turns out to be super fast now.


No comments:

Post a Comment